Online video courses and comprehensive tutorials that teach beginners the fundamentals of sewing for garment construction
Learn at home and at your own pace with online courses that walk you through the process of learning to sew and work with sewing patterns.
Do you have a sewing machine just sitting in the closet, maybe even still in the box, because you don’t know how to use it? This class is for the absolute beginner. You will learn how to operate and control your sewing machine, working through varieties of sewing techniques and common skill sets.
By the end of this class:
- You will know how to use your machine and sew basic projects.
- You will be able to tackle common mistakes and problems with your machine. You will be able to sew simple projects.
- You will learn about the mechanics and use of most sewing machines.
Take our course and learn how to sew in the comfort of your own home at your own pace. You will never regret learning how to sew, and you will finally get to the dream projects you've been imagining you would make. Click below to read more about the course and everything that's included when you register!
Basic Patterns is a series of 10 modules and 24 lessons, that walk you through the pattern step by step so that you can work with them with confidence. Each lesson is packed with explanations to demystify common confusions to help you maximize a pattern, especially its size and its fit. This course is comprehensive and in-depth, with lessons that will teach you how to:
- Choose the right pattern for your project
- How to take your measurements
- How to size your pattern
- How to choose the right fabric and notions for your project
- Interfacing and how to use it
- How to read a pattern, its symbols and its legend
- The core concepts of grainline and fold line
- Principles for pattern layout
- Principles for cutting out your pattern
- How to fit your pattern
And so much more!
I also have included a modules on fabric selection, knitwear patterns vs woven fabric patterns, how to prepare your fabric before you cut it. And I created a special advanced module to teach you how the pattern will fit, and troubleshoot common fitting pitfalls that lead to major disappointment in the beginning. These lessons are core issues that I’ve seen many students face and I’ve worked hard to explain and demystify these problems before they start causing set backs for you in your sewing practice. Click below to read more about the course and everything that's included when you register!