The Fair Fit Method is a pattern and a process for creating custom clothing. As I discussed in my previous posts, the program will be offered throughout 2018.
An important aspect of the program is that it is structured like a college level curriculum. You will have prerequisites in order to learn all of the processes and apply them without an overwhelm of information. The curriculum will go in order, from skirts, to dresses, to customizations. I teach a multitude of draping, fit, and sewing methods while you learn the Fair Fit process, and each one will build up on the next. The two core classes, Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt, and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress give you the required skills to participate in the more advanced customization workshops later in the year.
When enrollment opens on Monday, November 27th, you will have the chance to either secure your spot in the entire year long curriculum by purchasing the entire 2018 program. This is the ideal option, as there is a limited number of spots each time the courses are offered and this way you are ensured you get to do all of the courses and all of the methods.
For those of you who want to get a feel for how I teach and try out the Fair Fit Method, you can participate in the courses one at a time, starting by enrolling in Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt. If you want to keep going you can register for Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress later when enrollment opens in March 2018.
Registration will come around again for the year long Fair Fit Method program and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt in 2018, but I can't guarantee the price will remain the same. To be the first to know when all enrollments are open for registration, please sign up below so you the first to be notified.
Curious about the program and all that you are going to learn? In this post, get a preview of the curriculum, how the courses are structured, and the topics you will learn with the Fair Fit Method.
Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt - Enrollment Opens Monday, November 27, 2017
Course Begins January 2018 - 6 weeks - Concepts Covered:
- Understanding the Fair Fit Pattern
- Choosing Your Skirt Design - Pencil, A-line, or Pleated
- Learn the Fair Fit Raw Finish Sewing Method for your First Skirt
- Introduction to Draping for the Lower Half of Your Body
- How to Measure Your Body For Draping and Pad Your Mannequin for your Lower Half
- Understanding the Shape, Proportion, and Ratios of your Hips and Waist.
- Pattern Adjustments and Alterations for the Skirt
- Learn the Fair Fit Clean Finish Sewing Method for your Second Skirt
- Learn the Fair Fit Serged and Topstiched Sewing Method for Future Skirts
Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress - Enrollment Begins March 2018
Course Begins April 2018 - 8 Weeks - Concepts Covered:
- Personalizing Your Process of Clothing Design
- Understanding the Fair Fit Dress Pattern
- Cutting Methods for Fair Fit Garments
- How to Measure the Top Half of Your Body For Draping
- How to Size and Pad Your Mannequin for Draping
- Introduction to Pattern Fit
- Draping for Your Bust, Shoulders, Waist, and Back
- Dress Sewn Assembly Process for Your First Dress
- Check Fit Methods and Problem Solving
- Common Pattern Alterations and How to Execute Them
- Additional Skirt Draping Methods
- Understanding the Natural Waist to Get the Right Proportion
- New Creative Sewing Methods for Your Second Dress
- Pattern Customizations for Future Fair Fit Dresses
Advanced Pattern Customizations - A Series of Classes Beginning June 2018
Prerequisites - Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress
Enrollment Begins May 2018 and Continues Throughout 2018 - List Of Courses and Concepts
For those of you enrolling in the Fair Fit Method year long program, you will have the option to explore more advanced draping and pattern customization options with these topic based workshops. For those of you participating in the courses one at a time, you can enroll in any one or all of these courses after completing Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress.
Creating Circle Skirts and Designing with Skirt Bands - June 2018 - 3 Weeks
- How to Measure, Use, and Drape the Fair Fit Circle Skirt and Band Pattern
- Playing with Proportion and Length of Your Skirt or Dress
- Creative Sewing Methods for the Circle Skirt Pattern Set
Learn and Make the Fair Fit V-neck and Sweetheart Neckline - July 2018 - 5 weeks
- How to Use, Drape, and Adjust the Fair Fit Empire Pattern Set
- Customizations with the Sweetheart Neckline
- Customizations with the V-Neck
- Common Pattern Alterations for these 2 Necklines
Learn and Make the Fair Fit Raglan Sleeve Dress and Top - September 2018 - 4 Weeks
- How to Use, Drape, Sew, and Adjust the Fair Fit Raglan Top Pattern for Dresses and Shirts
- How to Customize Your Raglan Sleeve into a Flutter Sleeve with Pattern Drafting
- Common Sleeve Adjustments and Alterations
Learn the Fair Fit Sewing Method Heirloom Repurpose - October 2018 - 4 weeks
- How to Find Items to Repurpose for this Method
- Fabric Manipulation for Design With Repurpose
- Sewing and Assembly Methods for Heirloom Repurpose
Enrollment for Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt opens November 27th and throughout the month I will be posting more in depth articles on the program. Look for those in the weekly newsletter, and also if you are interested in the program and want to be the first to know when it opens, sign up here to be notified when registration opens.
Photography by Carolynn Amy Siebert and Lily P. Brooks. All Images ©Andrea Eastin Fair Fit TM and are used exclusively for fairfitstudio.com. Never use or post my images or writing without my written permission.