The Fair Fit Method is a pattern and a process for creating custom clothing. As I discussed in my previous posts, the program is open for enrollment 3 times a year throughout 2018.
An important aspect of the program is that it is structured like a college level curriculum. You will have prerequisites in order to learn all of the processes and apply them without an overwhelm of information. The curriculum will go in order, from skirts, to dresses, to customizations. The courses are designed to share the draping, fit, and sewing methods I've used in my personal design practice. The two core classes, Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt, and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress give you the required skills to participate in the more advanced customization workshops later in the year.
Are you a lifelong learner too?In my email newsletter, I send articles to teach you sewing practices to create clothing that is meaningful to you. Sign up to receive email lessons on garment design, the latest blog posts and video tutorials, and all the latest class announcements and promotions.
If you are interested in taking courses in the Fair Fit Method, the next opportunity to enroll begins soon. You can visit https://www.fairfitmethod.com/ to learn more and read all about the program and full curriculum. If you want to know right away when enrollment opens again, click the button below and you will receive email updates, articles, and notifications when registration begins.
Curious about the program and all that you are going to learn? In this post, get a preview of the curriculum, how the courses are structured, and the topics you will learn with the Fair Fit Method.
Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt
- Understanding the Fair Fit Pattern
- Choosing Your Skirt Design - Pencil, A-line, or Pleated
- Learn the Fair Fit Raw Finish Sewing Method for your First Skirt
- Introduction to Draping for the Lower Half of Your Body
- How to Measure Your Body For Draping and Pad Your Mannequin for your Lower Half
- Understanding the Shape, Proportion, and Ratios of your Hips and Waist.
- Pattern Adjustments and Alterations for the Skirt
- Learn the Fair Fit Clean Finish Sewing Method for your Second Skirt
- Learn the Fair Fit Serged and Topstiched Sewing Method for Future Skirts
Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress
- Personalizing Your Process of Clothing Design
- Understanding the Fair Fit Dress Pattern
- Cutting Methods for Fair Fit Garments
- How to Measure the Top Half of Your Body For Draping
- How to Size and Pad Your Mannequin for Draping
- Introduction to Pattern Fit
- Draping for Your Bust, Shoulders, Waist, and Back
- Dress Sewn Assembly Process for Your First Dress
- Check Fit Methods and Problem Solving
- Common Pattern Alterations and How to Execute Them
- Understanding the Natural Waist to Get the Right Proportion
- New Creative Sewing Methods for Your Second Dress
- Pattern Customizations for Future Fair Fit Dresses
Advanced Pattern Customizations - A Series of Classes Beginning June 2018
Prerequisites - Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress
Enrollment Begins May 2018 and Continues Throughout 2018 - List Of Courses and Concepts
For those of you enrolling in the Fair Fit Method year long program, you will have the option to explore more advanced draping and pattern customization options with these topic based workshops. For those of you participating in the courses one at a time, you can enroll in any one or all of these courses after completing Learn and Make the Fair Fit Skirt and Learn and Make the Fair Fit Dress.
Creating Circle Skirts and Designing with Skirt Bands - June 2018 - 3 Weeks
- How to Measure, Use, and Drape the Fair Fit Circle Skirt and Band Pattern
- Playing with Proportion and Length of Your Skirt or Dress
- Creative Sewing Methods for the Circle Skirt Pattern Set
Learn and Make the Fair Fit V-neck and Sweetheart Neckline - July 2018 - 5 weeks
- How to Use, Drape, and Adjust the Fair Fit Empire Pattern Set
- Customizations with the Sweetheart Neckline
- Customizations with the V-Neck
- Common Pattern Alterations for these 2 Necklines
Learn and Make the Fair Fit Raglan Sleeve Dress and Top - September 2018 - 4 Weeks
- How to Use, Drape, Sew, and Adjust the Fair Fit Raglan Top Pattern for Dresses and Shirts
- How to Customize Your Raglan Sleeve into a Flutter Sleeve with Pattern Drafting
- Common Sleeve Adjustments and Alterations
Learn the Fair Fit Sewing Method Heirloom Repurpose - October 2018 - 4 weeks
- How to Find Items to Repurpose for this Method
- Fabric Manipulation for Design With Repurpose
- Sewing and Assembly Methods for Heirloom Repurpose
Photography by Carolynn Amy Siebert and Lily P. Brooks. All Images ©Andrea Eastin Fair Fit TM and are used exclusively for fairfitstudio.com. Never use or post my images or writing without my written permission.